- Post a previously unreleased chapter from one of your books.
- Write about your siblings or about being an only child.
- What book are you reading? How did you choose it?
- Had any collections as a kid?
- Do you plan on saving any of your belongings for the future?
- Write about the last time you rode a rollercoaster.
- Write the 10 commandments of writing.
- Write about flavors and tastes or a favorite spice of yours.
- Write about an interesting conversation you overheard.
- Go to Wikipedia and click on Random Article. Write about whatever page you get.
- What would you put into a ‘professional survival kit’ for your work?
Simply fascinating. Scintillating. Barmy.
I had to click through to find out what the fuck the UEFA Euro 2008 was. It’s a European footie championship. Another one.
My article is about who got the rights to broadcast the games live in various countries.
AREN’T YOU ENGROSSED?!
The whole ridiculous affair was carried by broadcasters around the world, including South Africa, but not the United States. Because soccer is the bastard step child of American sport. Good enough to enroll your kindergartener in, but god forbid they go anywhere with it.
Photo: Jan Starzak