- Is School Lunch Really All That Bad?
- Earn your degree
- Write a letter to your reflection in the mirror.
- What is your zodiac sign? Does it fit your personality?
- Sit outside for about an hour. Write down the sounds you hear.
- Write about a teacher who had a lasting impact on you.
- Your relationship status and how you feel about it.
- Where you’d like to be in ten years.
- Write about friends that are like family.
- Put your iPod on shuffle and write down the first ten songs that pop up.
- Write a verbal vision board.
- Write about being inside an old abandoned warehouse.
- How important do you think education is?
- What if you mirror started talking to you?
- List five celebrities that you’re attracted to.
- Write about how you celebrate New Year’s Eve.
- Write about what you do on Valentine’s Day.
- How impulsive are you?
- Write about your favorite US President, living or dead.
- Do Photoshopped Images Make You Feel Bad About Your Own Looks?
- Protected: Would You Want to Be a Child Prodigy?
- Do You Perform Better When You’re Competing or When You’re Collaborating?
- What are your favorite cartoons?
- If someone gave you a free plane ticket to anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- How Do You Find Peace in Your Life?
- How Important Is Keeping a Clean House?
- What would you do if you could live a day without consequences?
- How to Properly Pack a Suitcase
- A food that reminds you of your youth.
- Why would you be a great president? Give at least three arguments.
I don’t have any sort of Valentine’s Day routine. When I was little my mom would give me small gifts and candies, but that petered out ages ago. And I’ve only had a boyfriend for V-Day once. We went to see a limited release movie in NYC, because we were both anime nerds.
What I used too do around this time of year, back in college, was volunteer for V-DAY stuff. I performed in The Vagina Monologues as well as another play by Eve Ensler, and I helped organize and run the lobby where we sold chocolate vagina pops. Sex positivity and ending violence against women and girls is important to me, so it was really great to do.
As I piece my life together anew, I’d like to get involved again. Maybe start something. It can be tough because most of the active groups are college students, so not much room for old fogeys. So maybe I’ll start the Overstrand’s first ever V-DAY group. Our logo can be a whale vagina. I think people tend toward being fairly religious and conservative here, so there may be a scandal! YAY!
Anyway, if you’ve never seen the plays, and these causes matter to you, check out V-DAY.org.